Android App Setup
This article will instruct you on how to download, log in, and configure VirtualShield on your Android phone or tablet.
Note: Compatible with Android version 4.2.1 and above. If your system is not supported, you can install one of our browser extensions instead.
VirtualShield Android Setup
- Visit our Android Download Page or tap the link below on your Android device to download the app from the Google Play Store:
Note: If your device lacks access the Google Play Store, please see our support article.
- Tap the Install button to begin the installation process.
- Once the install is complete, the Install button will say Open. Tap Open to launch the application.
- You will now see two options, Sign In and Sign Up. If you already have an active subscription or trial, tap Sign In.
If you would like to create an account or try us free for 30 days, tap Sign Up or click here to learn more.
- You will be prompted to enter your credentials. Please do so, and then tap Sign In.
- Your device may prompt you to confirm if you want to allow VirtualShield access to configure your network settings. Please tap Allow, as this is required to connect you securely to our network.
- You will be directed to the home screen. From now on, the app will automatically launch to this screen. This is where you can connect and disconnect from the VirtualShield network.
- Tap the Connect button to encrypt your device's internet connection.
Note: To manually select your location, tap the up arrow located near the bottom of the app. See our support article for more information.
- That’s it! You are now protected by VirtualShield.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.