Manage In-App Purchase Subscriptions (Apple iOS)
What plans does VirtualShield offer through the Apple App Store?
VirtualShield offers all Individual and Family plans through in-app purchases. You can purchase any of these plans on a monthly, semi-annually, or yearly basis.
How do I cancel a subscription that I purchased in the App Store?
To cancel your VirtualShield subscription from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod:
- Open your Settings app from the home screen of your device.
- Scroll down and tap iTunes Store and App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. If prompted, enter your password.
- Tap Manage.
- Tap VirtualShield.
- Toggle Automatic Renewal to Off, and then tap Done. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
To cancel your VirtualShield subscription through the iTunes app on your computer:
- Open iTunes.
- Click Sign In and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your name, and select Account Info from the drop-down menu. If prompted, enter your password again.
- On the Account Information screen, scroll to the Settings section.
- To the right of Subscriptions, click Manage.
- Select VirtualShield.
- Turn off Automatic Renewal to cancel your subscription. Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
- Uninstalling the VirtualShield app does not cancel your subscription.
- Cancelling your subscription does not refund any previous payments.
How do I request a refund for my subscription purchased from the App Store?
For VirtualShield subscriptions that have been purchased in-app, you will need to request refunds directly from Apple. Consult with Apple Support for more information.
I purchased my yearly VirtualShield subscription from the App Store, and I’d like to change to a monthly subscription. How do I do that?
To switch to a monthly subscription you need to cancel your current yearly subscription. At the end of your billing cycle, you can upgrade to a new monthly subscription through an in-app purchase. Alternatively, you can upgrade on virtualshield.com.
Your monthly subscription will begin at the end of the current billing cycle. Look up your App Store subscription dates.
I purchased my VirtualShield subscription from the App Store, but I’d like to change to a subscription directly from VirtualShield. How do I do that?
To switch to billing through VirtualShield, cancel your current App Store subscription and wait for the subscription to expire. Once your App Store subscription is expired, login and upgrade from your Account Dashboard.
If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket or live chat with us if you have any questions.