How do I move the shield icon to my Firefox toolbar?
*** NOTE: This article assumes that you had the VirtualShield extension installed at one point. If you have never installed it, please install the extension now. If you did have it installed but don't know what happened, try the instructions below first, then click here if you still can't see it. ***
Can't see the VirtualShield icon in your Firefox toolbar anymore? If you already enabled it, but don't see the icon on the right of your address bar, it's most likely "hidden" in the Firefox menu. This article will help you get it back. There is also an animation at the end of this article showing this process.
First, please make sure the VirutalShield Firefox Extension is installed AND enabled.
- For help installing it, click here.
- For help enabling it, click here. <-- This should only be followed if you have already installed the extension but DO NOT see it in your toolbar. It looks like this:
If you want to show the VS icon in your Firefox toolbar, follow the steps below:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Look for the 3 lines menu icon on the right of your address bar and click on it.
- Look for the VirtualShield icon and right click on it.
- Select the "Move to Toolbar" option.
- That's it! The VS icon should now be in your Firefox browser, right next to the address bar.
Here's an animation of the process listed above:
For more information on how to use the VirtualShield Firefox extension, please check out our article, Getting Started with the Firefox Extension.