How to change your connection protocol (Windows)
The VirtualShield Windows application supports the TCP, UDP, and L2TP protocols. We suggest trying these various protocols if you are having issues connecting. This article will instruct you on how to change your protocol (Connection mode).
- Open the VirtualShield Windows application.
- Open the Settings panel by clicking the Cog/Gear shaped icon near the top-right of the app.
- Inside the settings panel, click the Advanced tab.
- You should now see an option to choose your protocol (Connection mode).
- Select the various options (TCP, UDP, L2TP) one at a time, then save your Settings and try to connect again.
- You can also try increasing the Connection Timeout option to 60 seconds, and see if that allows you to connect without issues.
For more information on how to troubleshoot connection issues, see our support article.
If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket or live chat with us if you have any questions.