Slow connection speeds/Unable to connect
If you're experiencing any sort of connection issues with our Android app, the first thing we suggest to do is try connecting to our Los Angeles, California location.
To change your location, tap the up arrow (^) located at the bottom of the application then expand the United States group. See our support article below for more information:
If that doesn't solve the issue we recommend removing the app and then downloading the latest version from our website.
If you need a refresher on how to set up the Android app, please see these instructions:
If you have already tried that and are still unable to connect, please try the following:
- Open the VirtualShield Android app.
- Open the Settings panel by tapping the "gear" icon near the top right of the app.
- Inside the settings panel tap "Advanced Settings".
- You should now see an option to choose your protocol (connection mode).
- Try the various options (TCP, UDP) and see if that allows you to connect without issues.
If you are still unable to connect after trying the various protocols, It is likely that you have some sort of anti-virus or firewall that is blocking our application. Please disable any firewalls or anti-viruses and see if that allows you to connect. If it does, you will need to add VirtualShield to the "Allowed"
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.