Slow connection speeds/Unable to connect (iOS)
If you're experiencing any sort of connection/speed issues with our Apple iOS application, please try each of the solutions provided below.
The first thing we suggest to do is try connecting to our Los Angeles, California location.
To change your location, tap the up arrow located at the bottom of the application, then expand the United States group. The icon will appear like this:
You may need to disconnect first before this icon will appear. See our support article below for more information:
If that doesn't solve the issue, try re-installing your VPN Configuration and then connect to our servers again:
- Tap the Cog/Gear shaped icon located near the top-right corner of the VirtualShield app to open the Settings panel.
- Inside the Settings, select the Reinstall VPN Configuration option.
- A message will appear asking if you would like to add VPN configurations. Select Allow.
- You may be required to enter your device's PIN number/Touch ID.
If you're using WiFi, this might be an issue with Apple’s iOS. They have a WiFi issue that interferes with VPN connections.
One solution is to use the Reset Network Settings option. Please note that this will delete stored WiFi passwords as well as the stored VPN information.
If this is okay with you, you can follow the directions below:
- From the Home screen, navigate to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap Reset Network Settings again.
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.