How to use Application Guard
The Application Guard feature allows you to terminate specific programs of your choice each time you become disconnected from the VPN.
This helps protect your system by shutting down applications that may leak private data across your public network after disconnecting.
Note: This feature is entirely optional and can be enabled or disabled at any time.
- Open the VirtualShield Windows application.
- Open the Settings panel by clicking the Cog/Gear shaped icon near the top-right corner of the app.
- Select the App Guard tab near the top of this dialogue.
- Click the Add new Application... button to add a new application to the list of programs to be terminated.
- Browse for the program (.exe) file located on your computer, then press the Open button.
- You can also remove programs from this list by clicking the Remove selected button.
If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket or live chat with us if you have any questions.