Getting Started: Firefox Extension
This article will walk you through using the VirtualShield Firefox Extension. If you don't have it installed already, please click here to learn how to install it.
Logging In (First Time Setup)
- The first step to using the VirtualShield Firefox Extension is to open it and log in to your account. Once it's installed, look for the VirtualShield icon on the right-hand side of your Address bar. It should look like this:
- Click the icon to open the extension. A Sign In screen will appear, right there in your browser. It will look just like this:
- Go ahead and enter the e-mail and password you chose when you signed up, then click the Sign In button. If you don't yet have an account, click here to sign up.
Note: Your password is CaSe-sensitive. You must type it exactly the same way you typed it when creating your account.
- Great! You are now logged in. You won't need to login again unless you uninstall the extension, or uninstall your browser. After you sign in, you will see the VirtualShield main screen.
Connecting to the VirtualShield Network
- Now that you are logged in, all you have to do to open up the VirtualShield extension is click on the icon on the right side of the Address bar. It will look just like this:
- On the VirtualShield main screen, click Connect to automatically connect to our secure network.
Note: To manually select your location, click the up arrow located near the bottom of the app. See our support article for more information.
- That's it! You are now connected to VirtualShield.
Here's a quick animation showing the steps listed above:
If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket or live chat with us if you have any questions.