Getting Started: Windows App
This article will walk you through using the VirtualShield Windows Application. If you don't have it installed already, please click here to learn how to install it.
Logging In (First Time Setup)
- The first step to using the VirtualShield Windows app is to open it and log in to your account. Once it's installed, look for the VirtualShield shortcut on your Desktop. It should look like this:
- Double-click this icon to launch the application. A sign-in screen will appear the first time you open VirtualShield.
Note: If you can't find the icon on your Desktop, you can also launch the app by opening your Start menu, then navigating to 'All Apps/Programs > VirtualShield'.
- Go ahead and enter the e-mail and password you chose when you signed up, then click the Sign In button. If you don't yet have an account, click here to sign up.
Note: Your password is CaSe-sensitive. You must type it exactly the same way you typed it when creating your account.
- Great! You are now logged in. You won't need to login again unless you decide to log out first. After signing in, you will see the VirtualShield main screen.
Connecting to the VirtualShield Network
- Now that you are logged in, any time you want to connect to VirtualShield you just have to open the app. Remember, there's already an icon placed on your Windows Desktop for easy access.
Note: Clicking the 'X' button will not close the application entirely. Instead, it will be sent to your System Tray (next to your clock) and continue running in the background.
Just click on this icon to open VirtualShield. This option can be disabled at any time from the General Settings screen.
- Once you open the app, you will be taken to the VirtualShield main screen. Simply click Connect to automatically connect to our secure network.
Note: To manually select your location, click the up arrow located near the bottom of the app. See our support article for more information.
- That's it! You are now connected to VirtualShield.
To learn more about the new Identity Safe features available on Windows computers, see our Using IdentiSafe articles.
Here's a quick video to show you how easy it is to connect on your Windows computer:
If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket or live chat with us if you have any questions.