How do I install the Firefox Extension manually?
If you're getting a "connection failure" message when trying to install the Firefox extension, please try the manual method below. If you haven't tried the Easy Install method, please try that first here:
Install Firefox Manually
- Right-click this link and use the "Save Link As" to download the Firefox installation file:
- Make sure to save the file to a location you can quickly access.
- Go back to Firefox, and click the menu icon at the top right, then click "Add-ons".
- Click the "Cog" icon at the top of the screen, and choose "Install Add-on From File..." Browse to the location of the file we just downloaded and select it.
- If prompted, press the "Add" button at the top left of the screen.
That's it! VirtualShield extension for Firefox is now successfully installed. You'll see it show up in the list of add-ons, as well in your Firefox toolbar.Here's a quick animation depicting this full process:
For more information on how to use the VirtualShield Firefox extension, please check out our article, Getting Started with the Firefox Extension. If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.